About The Scheme
The Local Priority Scheme is used by the Community Council to provide financial assistance for local projects that benefit our communities. The funds come exclusively from East Lothian Council in the form of a grant.
When we decide amongst suggestions we consider:
- projects that will improve the local environment.
- projects that will benefit a wide section of our communities.
- projects that would be difficult to fund from other sources.
- even-handedness across Aberlady, Dirleton, Drem and Gullane.
- projects which have been costed.
- evidence that a group has made efforts to raise some of its own funds.
Recent examples of organisations that have received funding through the scheme
- Wild About Life Forest School Jan 2021 Wild About Life Forest School
- Gullane Beavers Jan 2020
Photograph courtesy of Emma Martin Photography
- Gullane Xmas Lights 2019
- Gullane Bowling Club–alterations to clubhouse
- Gullane Table Tennis Club – New Table ^^
- Gullane Village Hall –– stage curtains
- Dirleton Good Neighbours—start up expenses
- Gullane Sports Development Trust — kitchen at pavilion
- Dirleton Village Association—Christmas lights appeal
- Dirleton Village Association—2nd defibrillator
- Aberlady Community Association– war memorial refurbishment
- Drem— Christmas Lights
- Gullane Hockey Club—equipment
To apply for funding, download the form below and return via email or simply bring the completed form along to our next meeting.
You can discuss ideas by writing to us, by contacting individual Community Councillors or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome all suggestions for spending Local Priority Scheme funds from residents and local groups that are properly constituted.
Applications can be made at any time during the year but we recommend that these are submitted before the end of January to ensure that we have time to properly assess the merits of the project by the end of the financial year, on 31 March. Please note that we cannot pay into an individual’s bank account so a separate account must be set up before making an application.